Friday, November 14, 2008

How to get started

I'm all about finding something that works for you. If it doesn't work into your schedule, your family, your interests, then it usually won't work. This is especially true for working out, because when it comes to working out, we'll find any excuse we can to not do it.

The first thing you have to do is decide what works for your schedule and your family...when do you have time to workout? This doesn't mean, when do you "want" to work out...no, when do you have time. I only have time to work out at 5:45 in the morning. Did I "want" to work out at that time...no, but that was the only time that I had and worked best for my family. By the way, I'm now addicted to early morning exercising and don't like starting my day without it.

Next, find something to do that is fun and of interest to you. That means that you have to decide what you think is fun and something you will like. To do that, you have to go try some different forms of exercise. Do you like group fitness classes or working out on your own? Do you like working out on machines or having someone show you the moves? There are more questions that we can ask that will help you get started, but you get the point.

Answer these questions, without the excuses, and lets get started!!

2 comments:

Yellow Zax said...

I think I'm also addicted to early morning exercise.

Yellow Zax said...

I think I'm also addicted to early morning exercise.